Thursday, August 5, 2010

Birth of a Blog!

Hello!
My name's Claire and I'm a baby blogger! Please bear with me!
My friends have been telling me I must do this, but being such a technophobe, I'm not sure how I'll get on!!
I may not be good with computers and technology, but I am good a waxing lyrical on things I love - lets see how this goes......
I'm writing this blog in conjunction with my new website for my patchwork store called Cinnamon Lodge. (The shop is in Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand). In these blogs I guess I'll just be sharing some of my passions and letting you all (if anyone reads this....) know what I'm up to.
Ok - so today I'm sitting in front of the computer loading the website and wishing I could just slope off and read a good book! (I have just finished Mao's Last Dancer by Li Cunxin and am feeling a bit lost). But Mum is looking after the shop today so I can get this done!
I'm gonna post this and see what happens - patience people!

10 comments:

  1. Hay there Cinnamon Girl, Web site looks GREAT!! TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome you are now in for a real treat as you will get to see some amazing quilts. I love your shop photos and hope to see it in person one day.
    Big Hugs Bec

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome, you go girl,I shall look forward to seeing more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Blogland Claire (at last ha ha) and your website looks great too. Been waiting for this since I visited you with Michelle earlier this year, well done. Mind you, I can't talk as I haven't made the "Essence of Claire" table runner that I bought fabric for yet!! I'm following your blog and expecting exciting things - so no pressure, big hugs. I've put a link to you on my blog, http://shiny4444.blogspot.com
    have fun, Lis xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to blogland Claire. All the best for your new venture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire, welcome to blogland. I found you on Lis's blog. Looking forward reading your blog.
    How was the book "Mao's last dance"? Have you read the book "To the edge of the Sky" by Anhua Gao. My favorit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire, so glad you have got your site up and running. It looks great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire, glad to see you, it can be a bit strange when you'd rather quilt than blog, but it is very interesting.
    I have visited your shop a couple of times and was very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hay, good to see you have arrived blog chick! Your web site is looking fab. I'm off to look around. Hope you post with piccy's soon.
    Luv Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great start.... you finished reading your book yet????
    Trace

    ReplyDelete